Saturday, June 04, 2005

Skyline Drive

I love this song, even though Sadie didn't listen to it properly when I told her to...;)

Sometimes I run, but I'm not afraid.
Why must you bring up all the mistakes I've made?
She makes me smile, then you come around.
The wind in her hair reflects the sunset I see.

You make it seem like it was yesterday.
But we've come a long way out of the rain.
Can't seem to figure out what happens after this.
Why can't I?

Why must you say I made a mess out of things?
I won't believe it.
Tonight feels right like I'm dancing on air.
I'll make it right, I'll make it right.
Pull over to the station and fill up on fuel.
But what will I do?

Sometimes
I drive or ride with my
eyes closed tight
because if the skyline looks this way
then I don't want to sleep tonight.
Never giving up, always seeking light,
we must always try, try with all our might.


-"Skyline Drive," Mae

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadie was busy waiting for letters and pretending... :P

She was and always will be distracted... Hehehe! XD

Uh-oh! Someone's in an emo mood. Not good! Not good, I tells ya! Turn off that iPod now!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking around for options too, I bet...:p

I am NOT in an emo mood...I just like the pretty songs, as you know, hehe. Then again, I'm pretty sure you prefer me wanting you to listen to songs like this rather than "OMG, listen to Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask!!!!" I love me some serial killer music!!!!" ;)

Can't turn off the iPod, it's the story of my life...hehe.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slayer?!? Oh my my! Slayer?!? Let them retire! Dump them where they can never be found...

Some things are best forgotten...

And yes, I prefer you listening to "my stuff". :P

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Unkind words about the mighty Slayer???? ;)

You do know that I've been listening to "your stuff" for a while now, don't you? :)

But I guess it's only fair since you do listen to "my stuff" from time to time. heh.

4:09 AM  
Blogger The Decemberist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:22 PM  
Blogger The Decemberist said...

Bob!

I pass on to you the Musical Baton thingy...

http://teedge.blogspot.com/2005/06/musical-baton.html

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home