Saturday, September 25, 2004

Deadbeat Club

Woohoo, it's Friday! :)

I used to live for Fridays, or Saturday mornings, as you know. It was my favorite time of the week ever. I still love Saturdays. I go home in the afternoon, sleep-deprived and tired from DDR, ready to hit the red bull gin, zone out drunk for a couple of hours, have dinner, and then climb blissfully into bed.

Today is gonna be different, and I have good news and bad news.

The bad news, as you now, is that you're no longer willing to spend Saturday mornings with me, because you'd rather go out at night with all your friends. Fine. That's your choice, and nothing I can do to stop you. (Even if we were still together, and you wanted to do that, you know I wouldn't have stopped you then either...just so you know.)

The GOOD news is...I'm meeting up with Kristine and Kensai. Later. At Glorietta!!!!! :) Yesssss!!! I'm so excited! I needed (still do) some support, some way to fill the void in my life that you have left with your departure, and this is the way I'll do it. With old, old friends. :)

(Aside: I took your pictures out of my wallet. Now, there's nothing there but black. In a way, it's kinda sad, because it feels like you leaving has left a black hole, not only in my wallet, but in me as well, but I guess I'd rather have that black hole there than pictures of you smiling at me, so that I could pretend things between us were still cool.)

Did you know that I've known Kensai and Kristine for 13 YEARS?? My god, that is a LONG ass time!! That is just a little bit less than half of my life. They may as well be childhood pals. Besides seeing Kristine a couple of weeks ago for a bit, I haven't seen them in forever, and of course, the chemistry when all three of us are together is TOTALLY different than when it's just one-on-one. So I'm excited. Like you know, I texted Kensai a couple of days ago, and then yesterday morning, I checked to see if Kristine was available, and she WAS! :) I told her about us, and she said "Wait, I didn't even get to meet her!!" Too late now, I guess. What really got to me, though, was later on, when I thanked her for coming, she said "I have always been there for you, and that will never change." That was SO touching, and put a smile on my face! A little ray of sunshine through all the gloom and doom is refreshing! But anyway, I'm excited. I don't know yet what we're gonna do, prolly just hang out and talk and maybe eat and maybe have a couple of beers, but I can't wait. I love them. And what I love about them the most is that our relationship NEVER seems to change. We can get together, and then it seems like we can just pick up from where we left off, never mind if where we left off was YEARS ago. Oooh, it's gonna be fun! :)

I was good,
I could talk
A mile a minute,
On this caffeine buzz I was on
We were really hummin'
We would talk every day for hours
We belong to the deadbeat club

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home